Zurn Laboratory and Chemical Drainage System
CPV-Zurn – the safe and reliable choice for above-ground chemical drainage applications.
CPV-Zurn is a high-performance chemical drainage system that’s been specifically designed for safe use in laboratory and industrial applications. Made from block copolymer polypropylene, it can withstand high temperatures and offers excellent reliability and service life due to its exceptional resistance to most organic and mineral acids, alkalis, alcohols and salt solutions.
- Sizes DN 38mm to 152mm
- Continuous temperature range -20°C to 120°C (up to 140°C for short periods)
- Meets the requirements of ASTM F1412 -the only internationally-recognised standard specifically for chemical and corrosive drainage
- Smooth bore results in high volumetric flow
- Choice of mechanical or electro-fusion jointing techniques using one type of fitting
- No grooving required at pipe joints
- Simple tooling for jointing systems
- Comprehensive range of pipe, fittings and components
- Tested and proven to be compatible with existing drainage installations
- Flame retarded option available
- Dual-containment configuration possible
The CPV-Zurn chemical drainage system has been well-proven in a wide variety of laboratory applications in schools, universities and hospitals as well as medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical and biotechnology research facilities. The system can also be used for conveying low-level radioactive waste liquids.
The CPV-Zurn system contains a wide range of joints, fittings and ancillary components to cover most applications, including items such as bench fittings, floor drains, gullies, neutralisation tanks, pH monitoring systems, ventilation, fire stops, fixings, tools, etc.
Vents and Cowls
Tools and Equipment
Quick and Easy to Install
With a choice of mechanical or electro-fusion techniques, the flexible range of easy-to-fit joints require no grooving and offer lower installation costs - reducing the chance of faulty installations.
STAB-LOCK - Mechanical Joint
- No grooving required
- Sealing ring with a proven, stainless steel grab-ring
- No solvent or glue required
- Easily removed and refitted
- Simple to clean and maintain
- No special tooling required
FUSION-LOCK - Electro-Fusion Joint
- No grooving required
- Automated welding process
- Multiple joints can be welded simultaneously
- No clamping
- Fit-and-forget joint completely fuses the pipes together
Quality as Standard
CPV-Zurn products are manufactured to very high quality control standards with CPV’s UK-based manufacturing facility being ISO 9001 certified and underpinned by nearly seven decades of experience in the design, development and manufacture of polymer pipe systems.
CPV-Zurn has been designed to seamlessly connect to CPV-Floway, an underground chemical and effulent drainage system that also has a range of pipe, fittings, gullies, access chambers and manholes that are perfect for the safe drainage of aggressive chemicals, hazardous effluents, hot discharges and surface wastewater.