Hiline FibreFlex Pro - Pre-insulated Reinforced Polymer Pipe System
A higher-performance reinforced pre-insulated flexible pipe system for higher-temperature district heating applications
Hiline FibreFlex and FibreFlex Pro are cutting-edge pre-insulated, flexible pipe systems that combine a high-modulus aramid mesh reinforcement with modern polymer materials in a multi-layer pipe construction. This significantly improved structure allows plastic pipes to be used at high operating pressures of up to 16 bar and operating temperatures of up to 115°C peak.
A Replacement for Steel
This makes Hiline FibreFlex and FibreFlex Pro ideal alternative, or complimentary, piping solutions to rigid pre-insulated steel pipes commonly found in district heating heat networks. Additionally, they can provide an alternative to conventional pre-insulated PEX pipes offering higher performance and higher factors of safety.
(click on icons to reveal the labels)
PE-Xa service pipe
Aramid fibre mesh
Service pipe jacket with oxygen barrier
PUR foam insulation
LDPE outer casing
Hiline FibreFlex Pro is a highly-efficient reinforced pre-insulated pipe system that’s perfect for district heating applications at higher pressures and temperatures than FibreFlex or standard PE-Xa pipe.
- Maximum continuous operating temperature (30 years): 95°C
- Maximum temperature (peak): 115°C
- Maximum operating pressure (30 years): 10/16 bar at 95°C
- Thermal conductivity: ≤ 0.0210 W/mK
- Service pipe: cross-linked polyethylene (PE-Xa) reinforced with aramid fibre mesh
- Insulation: PUR (CFC-free) - available in Series 1 and 2 thicknesses
- Outer casing: seamlessly extruded corrugated LDPE
Available in sizes ranging from 32mm up to 160mm (OD), Hiline FibreFlex is supplied on rolls of up to 550 metres in length (25mm OD). Single and double service pipe configurations available within a single outer casing pipe.
Greater Thermal Efficiency
As the insulation layer has a lower thermal conductivity than conventional pre- insulated steel pipes (l=0.07 W/mK), in diameters up to 80 mm, the FibreFlex Pro system's heat loss is lower than insulation series S3 pipes and in larger diameters, heat loss is lower than series S2 pipes (see graph).
When compared to conventional, bonded preinsulated PE-Xa pipes, the heat loss can be up to 17% lower for the FibreFlex system and even better when compared to non-bonded pipes.
- Biomass district heating networks
- High-temperature city heat networks
- High-pressure heating networks supplying high buildings
- High-pressure heating networks in hilly areas
- Special applications at operating temperatures up to 115°C and pressures up to 10 bar
Strong and secure fittings
A steel insert is then easily fitted inside the pipe, without the need for the pipe end to be expanded. This provides a robust connection with maximum joint integrity.
Quality and Standards
Saving Time and Money
In a project where a heat network of 1,400m of FibreFlex piping was installed, it could be demonstrated that when compared to installing the same network in pre-insulated steel, there was an installed cost saving and a significant reduction in the network installation time (see graph).