Production and Quality Engineer
This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced production and quality engineer who has good knowledge of the manufacturing environment to join a leading UK engineering pipe system specialist.
Working in a modern and progressive production facility in the leafy edge of the New Forest, with an experienced team of engineers and operators, this demanding role will involve good communication skills and the ability to see and implement opportunities for improvement in all areas of production. This will include the manufacture of plastic tubes and profiles, moulded fittings and fabricated tanks, vessels and bespoke pipe assemblies.
There will be ample opportunity for the dedicated candidate to prove their worth and enhance their position as the company continues to invest and innovate in world-class pipe extrusion technology and associated engineering services.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, you will have the authority and responsibility to ensure conformance with internal specifications and international standards regarding raw materials, manufactured products and goods supplied and despatched.
The Production and Quality Engineer will aid the supporting functions in all areas of production and quality control in a manufacturing environment and require daily involvement with the requirements of the sales and project teams. It will involve promoting effective quality control in all production processes by encouraging employees to engage in effective continual improvement processes.
As Production and Quality Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with team leaders and engineers to ensure the production lines and processes are running safely and efficiently
- Generate work orders, edit BOMs and report production in database (Macola)
- Prepare production plans for each department in consultation with the sales team and Production Manager
- Assist the sales team with estimating production costs and lead times
- Improve productivity in all departments by reducing scrap and rejections
- Plan equipment, materials and manpower requirements for all production duties
- Assist with technical development of products and services
- Work closely with sales, purchasing, maintenance and quality departments to control production activity
- Perform continual quality checks in all areas on a daily basis by planned and random sampling
- Establish control systems and procedures to meet standards of performance, quality and safety
- Implement training programmes to raise awareness in relation to quality control
- Develop process improvements to effectively utilise equipment and materials to maximise production
- Investigate problems, analyse root causes and derive resolutions
- Identify unsafe operations and practices and report the same to the Manager immediately
- Oversee personnel training and skills matrix for all production personnel
- Train personnel to perform their work safely and efficiently
- Monitor and mentor team members to improve their skills and efficiencies
- Implement and maintain 5’S methodology and Lean manufacturing in the factory
- Perform Internal Audits in accordance with ISO 9001-2015
- Ensure traceability of raw material and products
- Produce a monthly report on risks and opportunities in production and quality departments
• An engineering degree or has completed an apprenticeship in engineering
• An IT qualification or proven skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge of the following will be advantageous
• ERP business management software and databases
• ISO 9001 quality management systems or Internal Auditor training
• Auto-CAD or similar design training
The ideal candidate will have a well-established engineering background with working experience as a Production Engineer for at least five years in the manufacturing industry, preferably in plastic extrusion.
7.30am to 5.00pm – Monday to Thursday
7.30am to 4.00pm Friday
The package offers a salary of £34K-£36K per annum, depending on experience, with generous holiday entitlement, a sick pay scheme and pension contributions.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to make this a good career move. CPV Ltd is a family-run business and has been producing plastic pipes and vessels for nearly 70 years. We pride ourselves as being good employers who look after their workforce, several of whom have been here in excess of 30 years.
The factory is set in a rural location near to the New Forest with excellent welfare facilities, ample free parking and easy access from the M27 motorway.
UK Work Permit
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.