Extrusion Setter and Operator
We are looking for an Extrusion Setter and Operator to join our company. This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced production engineer who has hands-on knowledge of plastic pipe extrusion.
You'll be working as part of a team based in a modern and progressive production facility, nestled in the leafy edges of the New Forest, close to the beautiful Hampshire town of Romsey. Founded in 1948, CPV Ltd helped pioneer the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and is still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques. CPV offers a fantastic, world-class environment in which to develop your career.
You'll be producing pipework solutions for a wide array of applications including corrosion-resistant pipe systems for chemical and hazardous media and pre-insulated pipe systems for district heating and cooling networks.
Extrusion Setter and Operator
£10.00 - £10.15 per hour (£23,738 - £24,094 per annum for 44 hours per week)
Hours of Work
Your normal days and hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 7.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 7.30am to 4pm. You will be entitled to a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 10 minute tea breaks each day. Breaks are to be taken at times to suit operational requirements. The normal hours include 39 hours at the basic rate plus 5 hours overtime at 1.33 (1 hour each day) = 44 hours per week.
Overtime and Shift Work
The Company will require you to perform a reasonable amount of work outside your normal hours which is classed as additional overtime, and dependant on the needs of the business. There will also be occasions where you are required to work a night shift programme. Overtime and night shift work is paid at an enhanced rate of pay.
25 days paid annual leave plus public holidays (currently 8 days)
To assist with the setting and running of extrusion lines during each shift, including help set the extruder and all downstream equipment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of pipe extrusion and be confident with setting and running extrusion equipment and machinery. This is a challenging role and the ideal candidate will be well motivated and a reliable team member.
Your duties will include:
- To produce quality extruded product (mostly pipe)
- To assist with extrusion line setting and operation
- Head, die and pin changing and setting
- Barrel and screw cleaning
- Assist with the start up and shut down of the extrusion lines
- Monitor and maintain quality in accordance with specification
- Use fork truck and manual means to move raw material and finished products
- Assist with extrusion trials
- Help to achieve optimum production
- Assist extrusion setters and other operatives
- Trim, cut, wrap and pack extruded product
- Bend, form and drill extruded product
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and all personnel in the department
- Make every effort to keep extruded product scrap to a minimum
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and good housekeeping within the department (5’s)
- Throughout each shift measure and record quality checks and monitor product quality
- Follow and understand operating procedures and setting sheets for extruded products
- Notify the Supervisor of any machine breakdowns or breaches of safety during the production process
- Inform the Production Manager immediately of any breaches of the works rules
- NVQ in Manufacturing desirable
- 5 GCSE’s including maths
- An IT qualification in Microsoft Word and Excel, not essential but would be an advantage.
- Fork truck licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A clear understanding of extrusion equipment and methodology
- Ability run an extrusion line
- Be able to work in a team
- Relevant technical abilities
- Good understanding of mechanical applications
- Basic understanding of electronic control equipment
- Good communication skills
- Manual dexterity
- Able to use hand tools and measuring equipment with confidence
- Accurate and methodical
- Good at problem solving
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and requirements
- Maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed
In addition to your primary role, you may on occasion be required support, or indeed be seconded to, other areas of the business as instructed
From time to time you may be required to take on additional duties such as:
- First Aid Monitor
- Overhead Crane Operator
- Fork truck Driver
- Internal Auditor
- Fire Marshall
- Health and Safety Monitor
You will receive full training for any of these duties assigned to you, and once fully trained they will become included in your contracted work routine and responsibilities
Founded in 1948, CPV Ltd is part of a family-owned group of manufacturing businesses with over 60 years' experience in the plastics and industrial piping industries. The company was a pioneer in the development of thermoplastic pipe systems and is still committed to driving forward innovation in products, services and manufacturing techniques.
Over the years, CPV has become a world-class manufacturer of engineering pipework solutions for a wide array of applications including corrosion resistant pipe systems for chemical and hazardous media and pre-insulated pipe systems for district heating and cooling networks.